Thursday, March 29, 2012

Net Neutrality - News to me!

NET NEUTRALITY - I must say - I had never thought about it before...

But now that I know - many thoughts...



Freedom choice  -  CONTROL  -  limits  - PROFITS ...

Net Neutrality seems to represent “no limits” to Internet access. If providers can begin charging us “extra” for  for certain content - then who will be able to afford access?

For now, the Internet appears to be free of constraints or control. Electronic newsletters can be subscribed to but most surfing is seems unfettered.

But how do we know? Is Google filtering what we see in our searches? Is our local cable company blocking access to certain services?

Who decides what content and how much content we see? What if they start limiting our access? Instituting tiered pricing for different degrees of accessibility - who could afford this?

And who decides?

I don’t know about you - but I want that control!

It providers start regulating and up-charging for “premium” content doesn’t it feel like a bit of “free speech” will be inhibited?

So Google “Net Neutrality” and tell me what YOU think ....

No comments:

Post a Comment